Five months of coworking: An überlin update
by James Glazebrook
It’s hard to believe that our coworking space has already been open for five months! It seems like just yesterday that we announced our new venture and started collecting furniture, equipment and, most importantly, awesome people with which to fill our space. We’ve kept things pretty quiet since our super-successful opening party, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy. Zoë, myself, and the wonderful community we’ve gathered around ourselves, have been plugging away, producing, promoting and photographing awesome stuff from within our converted biscuit factory.
Here are just a few of the great things to come out of the überlin coworking space and studio in its first five months:
- Berlin Besetzt, an interactive map showing the development of Berlin’s squatting scene, a work in progress by developer Eike
- Cumulus Diaries, a beautiful blog by Aussie expat Rachael, all about design, style, people and adventure
- Our resident startup, Descape, which offers brief getaways into exciting professions. You can even sign up to spend a day with Zoë and find out what it’s really like to be a photographer!
- Speaking of which, Zoë’s been using our studio to shoot for clients like Etsy, sisterMAG, Alpha Cruxis and Ableton, as well as her own fashion editorial shoots (check them out here)
- Freelance recipe developer Sophie has relaunched Das Brunch, a pop-up breakfast experience (nom)
- And Arielle, Desi and the INgrooves team have distributed a bunch of awesome records from Berlin labels Hotflush and Seppuku, and our personal favourite – Octave Minds, a collaboration between Boys Noize and Chilly Gonzales. Here’s a selection for your listening pleasure:
Want to join us? We’re adding a few more desks into our intimate little coworking space. If you’d like to be in the best place to do your best work – or to rent out our photographic studio – just drop us an email. We look forward to hearing from you!